Certification on the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology
How to become a Certified Facilitator?
To become a certified facilitator who is able to design and apply workshops, trainings, meetings and workshops using the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology requires Certification of new facilitators.
Certification is a program intensive and immersive 4 days with 40 hours of training , which teaches the theoretical fundamentals and science behind the methodology, the Central Process, which is the essence of the method, and also the 7 Application Techniques in practice.
The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Method and Tool Certification is a program developed by the methodology’s creators – Robert Rasmussen and Per Kristiansen – and is linked to the Master Trainers Association.
This training has been offered since 2001 when the method was created, updated and refined by the ever-evolving Master Trainers Robert Rasmussen and Per Kristiansen.
The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® method certification program is light, fun, reflective, practical and experiential, promotes deep learning and enables participants to come out with a new way of thinking and acting.
During the training, participants also have the opportunity to design custom workshops and workshops using the method so that when they leave the immersion, they can apply their design either with a client, with their team or with their own organization.
Upon completion of the program, the facilitator will be able to design and facilitate workshops with the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® method with different approaches and themes.
Want to learn more about the training schedule and information about the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology by the Master Trainers Association?
- Obtain theoretical information, ideas, guidelines and experiences to format and conduct workshops using the LSP methodology.
- Understand the theories that underlie the method and how they impact the whole process.
- Experience and learn the fundamentals of the LSP methodology in its standard application possibilities, such as Real Time Strategy (RTS) and other possibilities and variations that the facilitator will learn to draw.
- Know and experience in practice the Central Process and the 7 Application Techniques.
- Experience the methodology from different perspectives: as an end user and as a facilitator of the process.
- Design and develop different applications of the LSP methodology.
- Develop skills: knowledge, skills and attitudes to act as a facilitator of the methodology.
Benefits and differentials of training:
1) Training hours. Enables intense and deep immersion in the method and its applications in 40 hours of training.
2) Support after training for you to conduct the first workshops. This support is important for the facilitator to feel safe and confident, as well as assisting in the process of designing the first activities, as well as providing guidance on purchasing materials, etc.
3) Documents and Manuals all in Portuguese. The support material that is delivered to the facilitators during the training is extensive and rich in information about both the methodology and the application possibilities. The facilitator’s manual has a step-by-step use of all techniques and at least three complete workshop applications.
4) Reconnect and networking encounters. Annually, trained facilitators meet in Brazil for exchange of experiences and networking. In addition, virtual meetings are held to address specific topics such as mentoring possibilities, project partner support group, etc.
5) Local, regional and global LSP facilitator network. Regional meetings are held annually in Latin America, North America and Asia, as well as the Global Meeting, which is held at LEGO HOUSE, Denmark.
6) Solidity and commitment. This training is carried out in the same way, with the same content and structure, in all countries where the Master Trainers Association is present, ensuring that all facilitators start from the same theoretical and practical basis.
The training program for new facilitators has been developed and is carried out by the Master Trainers Association (Denmark) and takes place in several countries in Europe, Asia, North America and Latin America. In Brazil, it happens since 2018 in India, in English. Click here to know the relationship of the Trainers members of the Association..
Facts & Statistics
- Select group of just about 34 certified facilitators working in India since 2015
- Facilitators present in 8 cities across India.